I fixed up the "guinea gazebo" yesterday to make caring for them easier and less time-consuming. (Hopefully someday I'll again be able to let them out of the coop to feast on the ticks and bugs in our yard, but until then they are "behind bars".)
Grass and weeds had grown in front of their door and it was hard to open it wide enough to fit my body through. I dug out the clumps and roots and threw them inside for a green treat for the birds, then placed bricks in the hole to form a doorstep. No more mud, and the door swings easily now.
I also moved one of the water barrels from the barnyard to the guinea coop. Now, rather than carry their waterer to the hose bib every day, I can just turn on the spigot and point the short hose at their new water buckets. They regularly dumped the one-gallon waterer over before the day was through. Now I can refill their two buckets every time I walk by, which is at least twice a day. I still need to fill up the 50-gallon barrel with the hose, but it will be a weekly chore.
Then I moved the guineas' waterer to the chicken coop so they will have more water available. Neither waterer was empty when I fed them last night, so it will be a good thing as the hotter weather arrives.
I'm on the lookout for an additional 50-gallon water barrel for the barnyard, to replace the one I moved, but having one near the guineas was a good idea and is working out well.
We've also spent quite a bit of time cleaning up a tree that fell, moving branches and sticks, and relocating more "junk" that we inherited when we bought this place. I'm trying to get as much work done as I can before our hot weather arrives.
Till next time...