July 5, 2008


Last night as I was feeding, I was stung by a red wasp. In spite of reading on several spots that the sting isn't that bad, it was. I was stung on a finger, and within seconds my hand was stiff and painful all the way to the wrist. The swelling was minimal though, and this morning I'm just a little sore.

There are several nests that I know of - this one is in an iron pipe gatepost with an open top. I've known it was there since last summer. I was standing at the gate with my hand on top of it when I was stung. That morning one of the horses was stung when he was standing at that same gate waiting for his breakfast. No wonder he spooked - now I know how it feels.

My plantain salve definitely helped.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:40 PM

    OUCH!!! So sorry to hear this. Glad it's better today.
    Glad you had the new batch of ointment!


Thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll leave a comment - I would love to hear from you. If you wish to email me instead, please click here. Thank you!

Please note that anonymous comments are usually deleted unread because of the high amount of spam. Instead of commenting anonymously, consider choosing the NAME/URL option - just fill in your name, leaving a URL is optional.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...