- transplanted orange mint from under my kitchen window to a pot IN my kitchen window
- wild seeds for the chickens
- grape juice
- blackberry lemonade concentrate
- froze some chopped fresh basil in water in an ice cube tray, to add to soups later
- more baby goats ~smile~ I think all the does are bred now, for late February/early March kids.
Cooked something new:
- Awesome Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls - this is a new family favorite! Unfortunately, I didn't write down the source of the recipe so I can't give credit where credit is due.
- for the first time, I had a canning jar break in the canner. Now I know why they say to fill up the jars with boiling water, not cold water. I learned that I can set the jars in a sinkful of hot water while the canner reaches the boiling point, then add the jars to the boiling water.
- I smeared a lard-based plantain ointment on the puppies' heads on sores that flies had made. The puppies, and even their mom, decided that lard is pretty good stuff and licked it right off. I'll try the infused olive oil that I made the ointment from, directly on their heads and see if that works any better.