This afternoon my daughter was telling me that she doesn't think she accomplished even one of the goals she set for herself for this year. I thought I'd better check out my own list.
I didn't fare too well either. The ones that I did best toward are goals that I didn't even write down. One that I wrote down was too vague - a goal needs to be measurable in some way.
Some of my goals:
- I am on track with my Bible-reading goal.
- I accomplished quite a bit on my preparedness goals.
- On the declutter project, I managed to meet my summer goal. Decluttering is an ongoing project though, and continually needs to be worked on.
- I tried some new recipes, and learned some new skills.
- After doing a lot of brainstorming about how to feed the chickens without using the feed store, I implemented a few things with mixed success. All the seeds that I gathered were lost to mold, however. Obviously they need to dry longer than I thought.
There is always room for improvement. Over the next couple of weeks I'll be pondering this past year's goals and thinking about next year's goals, and praying over the long list.