August 28, 2009

Friday Follow-Up

This week I canned 5 pints of apples, 7 quarts of apple pie filling, and dehydrated all the peppers. I think that's pretty good considering I had a tooth pulled and spent several days recovering from that.

Three quarts of the apple pie filling did not seal. I've never had more than one jar out of a canner load fail before. I used new lids, and they were different brands (I've heard that people have had problems with one brand of lids this year). I should have reprocessed them in the canner, but since I wasn't feeling well I did the quickest and easiest thing instead: I put the contents into quart size freezer bags and put them in the freezer. I'm trying to get food out of the freezer, not add to it. I guess we'll be having apple pie soon; they won't go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll leave a comment - I would love to hear from you. If you wish to email me instead, please click here. Thank you!

Please note that anonymous comments are usually deleted unread because of the high amount of spam. Instead of commenting anonymously, consider choosing the NAME/URL option - just fill in your name, leaving a URL is optional.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...