This week, I felt as though I was just putting out fires rather than making any progress.
Our daughter's horse cut his rear leg quite badly. We spent that day caring for him, waiting on the vet, etc. That was also the day of the winter storm, ironically on the first day of spring.
Realizing that our horse trailer wasn't able to be used to transport a horse (it was housing goats that kidded and needed a temporary, dry living space) my husband refenced a pen that we'd torn down so the bulldozer could work. We moved the does and kids into this pen which had formerly housed the bucks, and I cleaned out the horse trailer. It is now ready for any emergency, though I hope it won't be needed for that for a long time to come. The dozer operator also moved the pile of pipe that blocked our gate.
I am not only ready for spring, I am ready for all the work to be done around here, and to enjoy the fruits of our projects. It'll be a few weeks till that happens though; there is still a lot of work to be done, and clean-up after that. It's been a tough winter, and I'm ready to move on.