A friend asked about classic toys for her young grandchildren. I sent her a list of books that were my kids' favorites - at least, the ones I can remember.
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- I'll Love You Forever by Norman Wright & Joyce Wright
- A Hole Is to Dig by Ruth Krauss - this was one of my mother's favorites; she gave it to me when I had my first baby.
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly - I often swallow bugs accidentally! My granddaughter Ri enjoys this story since she knows "an old lady who swallows flies".
- The Napping House by Audrey Wood & Don Wood
- Jan Karon's childrens books such as Miss Fannie's Hat - I discovered these after my children were grown, so they are late additions to the list.
Do you have any to add? I'm looking for classic, wonderful books.