- We celebrated our son's 22nd birthday with dinner out, followed by a minor league baseball game.
- This is the first year I haven't hauled a horse or two to our 4H district horse show (our daughter K is now in college), but hubby and I drove south to cheer on the girls in our club as they competed.
- The plums are starting to ripen, sort of. Only half of the tree has fruit this year, and there are a lot of half-grown plums on the ground, knocked down by the strong winds. I picked up half a bucketful from the ground before hubby mowed the orchard, and gave them to the chickens.
- I fixed the hole in the chicken run fence. It isn't pretty but it should keep them in. I'll start catching the chicks in the brooder in the evening and get them moved. I've found it works best to move them at twilight or even in the dark. They settle right down in their new home and when they all wake up together in the morning there is less pecking, chasing and fighting. Chickens aren't the brightest birds on the earth; maybe they wake up every morning and say to the others, "hi, my name is Flower, what's yours?"
- STILL WAITING on Treasure to kid. Even giving her the benefit of the doubt, she should have kidded by now. She's not in distress and when she lays down I can see the kids kicking and rolling. Last night I noticed that "things" are starting to change... I just have to be patient, which is becoming very difficult!