Ugh, the grasshoppers are still a problem. They are currently eating up an apple tree; the apples aren't quite ripe. I'm going to have to pick the apples, ripe or not, so I can spray the tree and save it. I'll use an organic spray called Elementals Insecticidal Soap. It's supposed to be safe to use on vegetables and fruits even right before harvest, but I'm not going to trust it that far. If the apples aren't ripe enough, I might have to just use them to make vinegar and as horse and goat treats.
With the late frost we had this spring, only this one apple tree and the peach tree bore fruit, so it's sad that I might have to pick the apples before they are ripe, but I want to save the tree.
Welcome to The HomeAcre Hop!
If you have a blog, you are invited to link up a post (or more than one) and join the party every Thursday. Even if you aren't a blogger, I hope you'll visit the links below that interest you. Please try to leave a comment on the blogs you visit.
Co-hosts for the HomeAcre Hop are:
Sandra @ Clearwater Farm
Mary @ Homegrown on the Hill
Nancy @ Prudent Living On The Home Front
Ann @ Summers Acres
Carol @ Everything Home with Carol
Jenny @ Black Fox Homestead
Lisa @ The Self-Sufficient HomeAcre
and of course me, Kathi @ Oak Hill Homestead
I hope you'll visit their blogs too, and we would all love to have you follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Etsy, Google +, or by email! To follow me by email, RSS, BlogLovin, or Pinterest, see the links in the sidebar to the right; click here to like Oak Hill Homestead on Facebook.
Each week I'll feature a few posts here from this week's hop. Each host features her own picks from the posts linked the previous week. That means your chances of being featured are even better! Visit each of our blogs to see if you were featured this week.
Homemade Real Food Granola Bars from Eight Acres
Real Food from the Farm by It's Your Life
(Ice) Cream Puffs from Untrained Housewife
If you would like to be featured in the future, be sure to link back to the hop. We love to read encouraging posts about homesteading. Please stop by to congratulate the featured bloggers this week. If you were featured, grab the button to display proudly on your blog.
You are invited to share your original posts on:
Homesteading, livestock care, gardening, environmentally friendly farming, self sufficiency, preparedness, off grid living, healthy recipes, home remedies and herbal concoctions, green living, homeschooling, food preservation, environmentally friendly crafts and home decor, photo posts of natural living and homesteading subjects! Now that’s a lot of information to share! If it fits any of these topics, we want to hear about it.
There are just a few little rules to follow:
- Family friendly posts only. ‘Nuff said.
- Please, no posts dedicated to advertising products.
- Link as many appropriate posts as you’d like each week. Older posts are great too.
- Please visit as many of the other posts as you can and let them know you found them here!
- If you wish to be featured, you must link back to the hop (on any host’s blog) with the button or a text link, and please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google + and/or Pinterest!
- Please follow us by email! You’ll receive notice when the hop is open for business.
- Only share content that you have created.
- Please remember that the whole idea of a blog hop is to visit the other bloggers and make connections and friendships…so share the link love!
- By linking to this hop you are giving us permission to link back to your post if you are featured. We will also include one photo from your post in the interest of sending visitors your way.
Click Here to like Oak Hill Homestead on Facebook