Hubby helped me deep clean the duck coop. He wanted to move it from the kind-of low spot where we put it originally to a little higher place a few feet away. He also wanted to put it on top of bricks to help prevent the wood from rotting so quickly.
We moved the pair of Muscovy ducks into a cage so it would be easier to move the coop. They didn't really want to move, which was out of character for them. As hubby raised the roof on the nest box area, we realized why: there were two eggs in the nest. I had checked the box a couple of days before, but she hadn't laid any eggs yet.
The coop is now moved and resting on top of bricks, and the inside is nice and clean with a nice nest of shavings for Mama to lay her eggs. The ducks went back inside the coop much easier than they'd come out.
This week's posts were: