Welcome to the Simple Homestead blog hop!We are so glad that you have stopped by for a visit! We encourage you to look through some of the great posts shared by our readers and then take the time to read those that interest you. If you are adding to our list, thank you for sharing your homesteading, homemaking, and homeschooling posts with us. It’s so much fun to read your hints, tips, and happenings. We hope you have fun exploring all the great ideas everyone has shared with us.
Meet Our Great Co-hosts
Tracy at Our Simple Homestead - Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest
Nancy at On the Homefront - Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest
Dash at Bloom Where You're Planted - Facebook - Instagram
Delci at Heritage Homestead - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - YouTube
Sandra at Clearwater Farm - Facebook - Pinterest - Instagram
This week I shared some tips on starting a homestead orchard. In previous homes we've had apple and cherry trees, and there's nothing better than going out to pick fruit fresh from your own trees. When we moved to Oak Hill, we started planting our little orchard right away. We try to plant a new tree every year.
Because it's spring and tornado season is predicted to begin early this year, I also talked about how we prepare for tornado season. I'd love to know what you keep in your storm shelter if you have one, or if you shelter in a basement or other place. Please share!
Each week we'll feature the most-viewed post from last week's hop. Each host also features her own picks from the posts linked the previous week. Visit each of our blogs to see if you were featured this week.
My featured posts this week:
by One Grace-Filled Life
from A Chick and Her Garden
Embracing Ma's Practical Pioneering Spirit During Lean Times
Please stop by to congratulate the featured bloggers this week.
If you were featured be sure to pick up your Simple Homestead blog hop button below. Just highlight the text in the box and paste into your blog sidebar; the button will show up automatically.
You are invited to share your original homesteading, homemaking, and homeschooling posts. We have a few little rules:
- Family friendly posts only!
- No links to blog hops or posts dedicated to advertising products.
- Please share posts that you haven’t linked up previously to keep the hop fresh.
- Please visit other bloggers and let them know you found them here.
- Please follow us by email! You’ll receive notice when the hop is open for business.
- Only share content and photos that you have created or have permission to share.
- By linking to this hop you are giving us permission to link back to your post and share one photo if you are featured; no additional permission is required.
- Please note: Posts that don’t follow these few little guidelines will be deleted.