My mind replayed the Rules of Berry Picking, and I thought I'd share them with you today. They are also good Rules for Life.
2. Be aware of the dangers around you. Keep your eyes and your face safe, and keep thorns from catching in your hair and your clothing.
3. Ask for help when you're stuck.
4. Don't procrastinate. Yes, it's hot, but the peak of harvest waits for no woman.
6. Change your perspective. By looking up, and then down, you'll find berries that were hidden before. When you get to the end of the thicket, go back the way you came to spot berries you might have missed the first time.
7. Don't be greedy. Be willing to share with the wildlife.
9. Sing loudly. It scares off the wildlife.
10. Life has both thorns and sour berries, just like a blackberry thicket. But in the end it's worth it.
My hope is to inspire you, and to encourage your homesteading plans and your dreams of a